I just returned from a week at the health and fitness spa, Rancho La Puerta in Tecate, Mexico. This was my eighth visit to the Ranch as a visiting musical artist. The motto of the Ranch is ¡Siempre Mejor! (always better). My first visit was life changing, and each visit provides inspiration to lead my best and healthiest life possible! Here are my top 10 experiences from the magical week, in no particular order.
- Wandering around the brick paths that snake through the entire property while taking in the colorful gardens!
- Attending two concerts from Grammy Award winning classical guitarist, Jason Vieaux! I will never forget his magical playing and commentary in the intimate setting of the Oak Tree Pavilion. Here’s a pic of Jason below.
- Hanging out with my handsome husband who worked at the Ranch for thirty-one years before retiring to live in Seattle. I literally took the Ranch home over six years ago, when Joe came to live with me and my daughter, Ruby. Now he visits the Ranch as my guest and gets to relax and do whatever he wants!
- Seeing old friends and making new ones! Below, the lovely Manuela, Concierge Extraordinaire!
- A wonderful hands on cooking class with master vegan chef and cookbook author, Jill Nussinow, the Veggie Queen! Joe, Ruby, and I been following a plant based diet for over two years now, never felt better.
- Performing an evening solo piano program, Across the Borders, in the Oak Tree Pavilion! I also led two sing along classes in the same space, terrific fun.
- Swimming Workouts in the beautiful fitness pool.
- Watching a barn owl swoop into a tree at sunset like a winged white ghost from another world. Joe and I experienced this together. We also saw a family of 7 skunks the same night- luckily, they kept the family party moving! click here for some magnificent bird photos
- Returning Home. Good to go away and oh so happy to return home to the yellow house. There’s no place like home.